At Sand In Your Eye we encourage partnerships and collaborations with organisations who have a strong climate change and environment message.
WHO WE WORK WITH
We campaign through our works to educate people about the climate emergency and how to tackle it. Examples include, huge sand drawings calling global leaders to action, planting forests in inspirational shapes, using pumpkin festivals as an accessible route to educate.
HOW WE OPERATE
We are taking measures to reduce our own carbon footprint.
- Solar panels power our studio.
- 2 of the business’ 3 vehicles are fully electric.
- Reduced the reliance on single use disposable items.
- We have made a commitment not to fly continental unless there is an exceptional environmental or cultural benefit.
- We hold a formal annual environment day to address ways in which we can do better as a team.
- We’ve started to assess our procurement, including assessing current and new suppliers, in order to consider our scope 3 emissions.
MINIMAL ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT
We try to make sure that the events we run have a minimal environmental impact. With any residual carbon, we buy carbon credits supporting international carbon avoidance work. However, we understand that carbon credits are not ideal so our efforts are under constant review.
Using scope 1 & 2 emissions calculations, we worked out our unavoidable, residual emissions to be just under 14 tonnes of CO2, which we offset. By the end of 2022 we had reduced this figure to around 10 tonnes of CO2. (measured using Julie’s Bicycle Creative CG Tools)